I gave in to the comfort of maternity clothes this weekend. Sure, I'd sprinkled in a few pieces here and there over the past several weeks. A couple tanks for underneath my usual shirts. A belly band for those particularly popped-out days. But for the most part, I was trying to squeeze into all my regular clothes.
Many of them still fit, for as you'll see in a moment -- my belly hasn't grown tremendously in the past week. But why not surrender to some of the fantastic fabrics that stretch? The waistlines that don't dig? The shirts that billow sweetly or sport flattering cinches?
Here's one of my new favorites.
Or should I say one of my FRIEND SARAH's favorites? Yeah. I had wonderful, generous friends. (Forever THANK YOU, Sarah!) The pretty lady leant me this top along with a multitude of other beautiful preggo items this weekend. I happily agreed to take care of them while in my ever-expanding state.
And I'm surely growing. Here's 16 weeks of growth.
Too bad that my roots are growing in as well . . . 16 weeks of dark, dull growth!
Every time I turn around, I need another haircut. Or I need to pluck my brows. Or shave my legs. I'm a hair factory! Does this mean another vote in the BOY direction? I guess we'll see in two weeks . . .
Oh. Can't forget the feet. Still haven't had time to paint my nails, so please excuse my always-neglected runner-toes.
- I'm 95% sure I've felt the baby move at this point. It's early, yes. But I'm freakishly in-tune with my body. More on that in this week's upcoming video post.
- I'm also almost certain I gained another pound over the weekend. This may or may not be directly related to my peanut butter m&ms consumption.
- I walked/ran 30 miles last week. I wasn't thrilled to yet again not get in a run longer than 6 miles, but I feel strong and healthy. That's all that matters.
- As we wrote yesterday, we started registering for things. We're not overwhelmed, as many readers thought, it's more appalled/confused at the sheer number of baby products on the market.
- I still get sick from time to time. Happens when I least expect it. But I think it may have something to do with slacking on my protein intake. More eggs, please!
- I've been getting random bouts of pure exhaustion. Last night after work, I slipped into bed and stayed there all night watching 17 Kids and Counting. (Starting from the beginning of the series, obviously.)
- My newest food obsession: Eating lobster at the shore. For those of you familiar with me . . . you know seafood isn't really something I delve into. Ever. Now? I know the minute we get to the ocean, the sound of the waves will beckon me to the lobster dock!
NEED TO CATCH UP?
15-Week Video Post
15 Weeks and Counting . . .
14-Week Video Post
13 Weeks and Cravings . . .
How We Found Out
So long, 1st Trimester!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!