I finally recorded the 16 week video post this morning. Well, actually -- I'm cheating and making it the 16/17 week update. As I mention in the video, not much has been different between the two weeks. I'll let the video give you the lowdown on my current condition instead of repeating all the info.
Here are this week's belly pics:
There's something growing in there!
Stephen's getting much better at taking photos. I've been coaching him since I'm usually the one to shoot maternity pics for friends and family. I need a photographer, too!
This one's my favorite from last night's "session" . . .
Some things I forgot to mention in the video include:
- You see my veins? Whenever I take a walk or have been standing for a long while, my veins pop out like WOAH. My hands get swollen after walks, too. All that extra blood is making its presence known.
- MOVEMENT. I can't believe I forgot to go over this in the video. Preggo-brain, for sure. Anyway, I am feeling movement, and I have been since early on in my 15th week, usually in the mornings and even more in the evenings (after dinner). I wasn't sure at first if what I was feeling was the baby, but it's become more regular and intense in the last couple weeks. Especially after drinking a Reed's Ginger Brew -- yay sugar!
- It's a GIRL. Or so my mother-in-law thinks. I forgot to mention her vote in the what-sex-is-the-baby portion. We'll know in 6 days!
- I'm super sensitive. TO THE SUN. My mood hasn't been swinging too much, but my sensitivity to the sun is definitely noticeable. Even a quick walk outdoors at lunch gives me a
glowslight burn. Especially on the top of my head. I need to get some hats before heading to the beach.
- I'm beginning to look into birthing classes. I've checked out what the hospitals offer, as well as other places (Bradley Method, for example). More on this in another post.
Also, I've packed away most of my non-maternity clothes at this point. Despite keeping up with running and other activity, I'm not as muscular as I was a few short months ago. I feel flabbier in the hips/butt area, too. I know and accept it's all part of the deal -- those mother fat-stores that help with breastfeeding and supporting another LIFE. So, it's cool.
Many of my "normal" clothes work for both purposes, so I still have a hefty wardrobe. But I was feeling ever-irritated when I'd put something on and it wouldn't fit. I'm learning to love my new shape and the reasons why it's changing, but it's still a struggle to embrace it at all times. Tight clothes only remind me of it in a bad way!
That's about it. The video will be up later today or tomorrow. And be sure to check out the main site if you didn't see yesterday's grocery savings post. We're big on budget these final months before the baby makes his/her big arrival!
NEED TO CATCH UP?
16-Week Belly Shots
15-Week Video Post
15 Weeks and Counting . . .
14-Week Video Post
13 Weeks and Cravings . . .
How We Found Out
So long, 1st Trimester!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!