This morning's appointment went wonderfully. According to my midwife, I'm doing "fantastically" and everything's right where it should be weight and baby-wise. Well, she did mention I could eat more calories (I've gained 3 pounds total since before I was pregnant, which is somewhat on the lower end). But we talked about it, and she definitely thinks muscle loss might account for the number on the scale not creeping higher.
Anyway, the most exciting part of my appointment was hearing the heart beat, of course. But THEN my midwife surprised me by saying we could find out the sex sooner than I had thought. Our appointment for that is in a little over two weeks, whereas I thought it'd be at least another 4. Yippee!
Here's 4 weeks versus 15:
Since I'm a dork for stats, I thought I'd give y'all some.
- Days since conception: 97
- Days since we found out: 86
- Pregnancy tests taken to confirm: At least 6
- Days till due date: 170
- Midwife appointments: 4
- Average heart rate: 165 (this time around it was 155)
- Pounds gained: 3
- Ultrasounds enjoyed: 2
- Times called the midwife after-hours: 1 (for some minimal bleeding)
- Movements felt: None so far
- Favorite breakfast: Cheerios or egg sandwich on toast
- Favorite lunch: PB&J with string cheese and fruit
- Favorite dinner: Pumpkin garlic knots and steamed collard greens
- Favorite dessert: Jala fudge pops
- Favorite drink: Reed's Ginger Brew
- Nectarines eaten: 10,000 (OK. It only FEELS that way.)
- Cups of Greek yogurt consumed: 86
- Number names picked out: 6 for boy, 4 for girl. All subject to change.
- Massive headaches suffered: 4
- Times nausea resulted in all-out sickness: 5 (with LOTS of close calls)
- Days missed from work: 1 (Headache mostly.)
- Current complaint: Dizziness and allergies
- Miles jogged: 284
- Races participated in: 3 (two 5Ks, one half marathon -- and I have another 5K next week)
- Items of maternity wear bought: 12 (one skirt, one pair of pants, two belly bands, 6 shirts, 2 dresses)
- Average bed time: 10 PM (it WAS more like 9 a few weeks ago)
- Furniture items procured: 2 (crib and rocking chair)
- Other baby items: Graco pack 'n play, high chair, car seat, and swing in NOBEL print (on sale at Burlington Coat Factory -- thanks, Kathy!)
- Baby's first live music experience: Sim Redmond Band, song: "Life is Water"
- Most embarrassing guilty pleasure: I've watched the entire series to date of both The Secret Life of the American Teenager AND Make It or Break It (go ABC Family TV on Netflix!)
- Days till anatomy scan: 18 (not like I'm counting down to THAT, right???)
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!