Over the past several weeks, not much had changed in my pregnancy. I have been growing -- yes -- but otherwise feeling the same day to day. The past week, however, has been different. I'm still feeling great, but I am starting to encounter some new symptoms, thrills, and thoughts.
My belly is still ballooning like crazy.
Just when I think I look BIG I get even BIGGER. I've always had a slim upper-body, so when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or see a photo -- it takes me a minute to realize it's actually me. I think I'm sticking around 11 pounds for weight gain, but my scale isn't the most sensitive. It could be 12.
I can't believe I thought I was showing at 13 weeks:
But I am enjoying my new shape. And I'm sure in 10 weeks, I'll think I was crazy for saying that I'm HUGE in these photos.
- I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping. I wake up every 45 minutes -- but it isn't to pee like it had been. I just wake up. I don't feel anxious. I'm not thinking about anything. Nothing is stirring me. I just wake. So, I've been extremely tired. About an hour before my alarm goes off (5 AM), I finally feel like I could rest a while. And then I have to get up. So, I'm living for the weekends right now. I cherish my rest and need lots of it.
- I've been experiencing reinvigorated food aversions. Up until this week, I had been stuffing a heaping helping of collards down with my garlic knots each night. The past several nights, I have to spit them right back out of my mouth. Ick. I tried kale last night and it seemed to work better. I also can't stand several other foods, but I'll go into that more in another post.
- On the flip side, I can't get enough peanut butter M&Ms. (Maybe THAT explains my growing size!) Other foods I'm loving: nectarines (any sweet fruits), Honey-Nut Cheerio's (any cold cereal), and Chinese or Thai food.
- We're touring the first hospital tonight and the second one on Monday, and I'm immensely excited. It's all feeling much more real, and I'm hoping to learn a lot.
- I think we've chosen our pediatrician. We're still looking around, but the one who is accepting patients at our preferred office has received some excellent reviews online. For example, reviewers say he "never misses a thing" and that he "loves kids." He also "doesn't dismiss concerns" and "errs on the side of caution." We'll see!
- Pequeña now responds to my touch. Before her movements were quite random and sporadic. But when I sense she's active, I gently poke and press . . . and she MOVES in that area! At first I thought it was coincidence, but it's definitely interaction. Oh, and she did her first track workout yesterday morning. I'm not kidding. I felt a foot or a hand kick around my stomach in a circle right before I woke up. She's already a daddy's girl.
Now, I can still hold the pose for a good while. I'm strong and steady.
BUT when I turned my head to see if Stephen had taken the photo, I lost my balance!!! It took me by surprise!
No to-be babies or moms were harmed in the making of this post. It looks much worse than the actual stumble was. Still, it's good I'm switching to prenatal yoga!
I can't believe I have only two more weeks left in the second trimester. I can't believe Pequeña measures 13-1/2 inches and weighs nearly a pound and a half! And I can't believe how her nursery is coming along. But more on that in another post . . .
NEED TO CATCH UP?
22 Weeks: I Gave In
21 Weeks & Nursery Progress
20 Down, 20 More/Less To Go
19 Weeks and Babymoon
Week 18 -- It's a GIRL!
17-Week Video Post
17 Weeks and Preggo Brain
16-Week Belly Shots
15-Week Video Post
15 Weeks and Counting . . .
14-Week Video Post
13 Weeks and Cravings . . .
How We Found Out
So long, 1st Trimester!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!