27 weeks. I read conflicting things about if this marks the beginning of the third trimester or if in one week I'll be at that stage. Anyone know for sure? Of course, I like to think of it as the third because it means we're getting ever-closer to meeting our little girl.
Either way, in 10 short weeks, I'll be considered full-term.
I'd been utterly convinced that my belly hadn't grown much in recent days. That I was somehow staying the same size. Stephen had assured me that I was indeed getting larger, but I still didn't feel that way.
That is, until I saw these photos.
Last week, I wrote all about my dwindling wardrobe. It's not fun having to pack away so many clothes. So, I indulged in another pair of maternity jeans this weekend. This time, with a full panel.
Thing is, I have a long torso, and I think the panel doesn't come up quite far enough on me. Still, these jeans are much more comfortable while sitting for long periods of time than my other ones (with the demi-panel) are. AND I got them at Old Navy for only $25!
What else is going on this week?
- Only 4 days till my next midwife appointment! Thank GOODNESS. I think I'm almost to the point where I start going every two weeks. I look forward to the frequency -- I tend to worry a lot. About everything!
- Though we have borrowed baby gear from friends already, my first baby shower is this weekend in NJ with Stephen's family. I can't wait -- though I will admit I'm feeling some anxiety heading directly into the path of hurricane Irene. We're hoping it won't impact our trip and time with family too much.
- Pequeña had her first hiccups this week! Or at least the first ones I could feel. They lasted 4 or 5 minutes -- just a rhythmic tapping that I, at first, thought was a gentle kick. But it was rapid enough that I knew it couldn't be that. When they ended, she thrashed around. I read hiccups are a sign of a healthy baby who is practicing breathing.
- Running is progressively making me more tired. My pace is steady -- usually around 9:30 to 9:45 miles (and feeling much better with some cooler temps). But, as you'll see below, I'm sticking between 3 and 4 miles. And that's really all I feel like doing. I don't know how far I thought I'd still be running at 27 weeks . . . but it's still feeling good, thankfully.
- Still haven't toured hospital number 2. I mentioned on the main site that I've started back at a 9 to 5 schedule this week at work. It's sort of thrown off my daily routine, and I haven't felt like rushing to tour the maternity ward. More like take a nap and eat a bowl of cereal.
- In general, I'm starting to feel more exhausted. I've been sleeping 9 to 10 hours a night and needing that rest. We've also been running all over the place on weekends and even week nights, so I can't wait to slow down after this trip to NJ.
- Oh, and I'll need to confirm it at my appointment, but I think my total weight gain is 14-15 pounds.
This week's exercise included 18 miles total -- with a mix of walking and running. Total running mileage was 12 miles. Walking 6 (but likely more, I don't always keep careful track). I don't think I've written much about it, but I also started doing a few push-ups again. Once my stomach got used to being stretched, it started feeling more comfortable to do them again. Usually every-other-day, two sets of 15 to 20.
Last, I want to publicly thank Stephen for making me dinner for the past month. He's become quite the cook, especially with pizzas (the recipe for this one will be up soon!) Really, Stephen's been great throughout my entire pregnancy. He's picked up a lot of my slack and is helping to get the house "ready" (according to my specifications) before baby A.'s arrival.
That's right. Her name starts with an A. -- and it isn't Ashley. But that's all you're getting out of us!
NEED TO CATCH UP?
26 Weeks and My Ever-Dwindling Wardrobe
25 Weeks and Running
22 Weeks: I Gave In
21 Weeks & Nursery Progress
20 Down, 20 More/Less To Go
19 Weeks and Babymoon
Week 18 -- It's a GIRL!
17-Week Video Post
17 Weeks and Preggo Brain
16-Week Belly Shots
15-Week Video Post
15 Weeks and Counting . . .
14-Week Video Post
13 Weeks and Cravings . . .
How We Found Out
So long, 1st Trimester!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!