I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow. Guess I skipped a week in the pregnancy chronicles. There was a lot going on, as I wrote on the main site yesterday. Wait a minute, though. We're almost at week 30. Three. Zero.
First of all, it's getting much harder to get around. And up. And down.
The view is different, too. Expanding belly steals the show. You can hardly see my pretty shoes anymore.
But the bigger she's getting, the more excited we're getting. Her movements are intense these days. Last night I was sitting on the couch and I swear she did a push-up inside of me -- causing me to nearly scream from the odd sensation of it.
Hello, in there!
- As I mentioned in my short update yesterday, I've not had as many contractions in the past several days. I think this might have something to do with baby A.'s position because I also don't have the constant urge to pee. Whatever is going on, I like it. Because . . .
- I've had several great workouts so far this week. Most notably: A 4-miler yesterday morning and a 3.5 mile run this morning. I have some ligament pain/soreness, but otherwise haven't had any ill-effects. Tomorrow I'm taking a break from running and doing my prenatal workout DVDs. It feels good to be out there again. But I take each workout at a time -- appreciating the good, dealing with the bad.
- I'm hungry. All the time. And when I don't get food when I'm hungry, I almost immediately feel ravenous and completely empty. But I have yet to get weird cravings. Just eating a lot, but a lot of normal stuff.
- I'm also tired. All the time. So, I've been taking naps. Which is so not like me.
- I believe weight gain is 15 pounds total. I'll find out for sure at my midwife appointment, which is next Thursday. I think after that visit, I'll be going back every two weeks. You don't know how much I am looking forward to that!
Time is flying and we still have much to do. My first baby shower is this weekend. After that, we're looking forward to staying put. Finishing the nursery. Taking our prepare-for-baby classes. Oh, yeah. And enjoying the last weeks we have as just the two of us!
(Had to snap a photo of dad, too. That's right: Get your Zzzzzzs while you still can, buddy!)
NEED TO CATCH UP?
27 Weeks: The Third Trimester
26 Weeks and My Ever-Dwindling Wardrobe
25 Weeks and Running
22 Weeks: I Gave In
21 Weeks & Nursery Progress
20 Down, 20 More/Less To Go
19 Weeks and Babymoon
Week 18 -- It's a GIRL!
17-Week Video Post
17 Weeks and Preggo Brain
16-Week Belly Shots
15-Week Video Post
15 Weeks and Counting . . .
14-Week Video Post
13 Weeks and Cravings . . .
How We Found Out
So long, 1st Trimester!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!