I just got back from my 35-week appointment. Everything looks/sounds great -- and I'm feeling fine, even after crashing hard onto my stomach in the middle of the night last week. I'll write more details about baby A in an upcoming post, but today is all about me. Though I'm feeling OK, I'm definitely experiencing some major deja vu, first trimester-style.
Just for fun, here's the very first photo we took when I knew I was pregnant.
- Morning/all-day sickness has returned. Not nearly as badly as I had in the REAL first tri, but so few foods appeal to me these days. I need to fatten this baby up, but most everything I feel her, she rejects.
- Exhaustion is taking over my life. I could easily sleep more than 12 hours a night and then lay on the couch all day. My life isn't terribly hectic right now, but I'm groggy and would rather nap than do much else.
- I'm starting to get nervous about everything again. I hit a few weeks where I felt confident that everything is going to be OK. Now as we get closer and closer, I find my mind wandering to topics like cord strangulation and decreased fetal movement, etc., etc., etc. I need to get off Google and the birth boards!
- Each day is d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g. Again, I had several weeks that seemed to go by in an instant. Now? I can literally feel the minutes slowing as we approach our estimated due date.
- I'm mega-emotional. Yeah. You'll find me three out of five days of the work-week crying on my commute. Not full-out tears . . . but the other day I heard a certain song and then started to weep about how incredible it is that we're having a girl (because I never thought I'd have a girl!). The last time I was this touchy-feely was in the first tri, that's for sure!
And here I am in (almost) the same exact outfit as above, over 30 weeks later!
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!